Social Icons

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Leaves of Red and Gold

Plaid - as lovely as it is, it tends to be a very popular fabric choice for school uniforms! This dress in particular makes me think of the characters outfits in Mona Lisa Smile - 40s/50s collegiate style. I love preppy vintage looks so it isn't any surprise that this dress made it's way into my wardrobe. The shoes do give the outfit even more of a school look, and if I was attending university in the 50s this is just what I would wear on campus!

It was an unexpected epiphany one night trawling ebay when I came across this dress that Collectif had many seasons ago, gasped, and clicked "buy it now". What followed is the euphoria only a serious clothing addict might be able to understand, because there are few things more satisfying than finding the dress that got away!

At the moment I have been on a mission to buy actual winter clothing as we are planing on moving to a place where winter is a real thing, rather than an anomaly as it is here. I was honestly quite shocked when I saw this rogue, typical European autumn looking tree, that for a moment I forgot where I was! I still have no clue what it is - not a maple or a conker tree, but whatever it is it was lovely and reminded me of the autumns of my childhood.

Dress - Collectif
Shoes - Wittner

15 comments:

  1. So beautiful as always! I love the autumn leaves with this outfit and especially the movement shot! absolutely perfect xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos full of charming colours...and...the plaid dresse is great on you...it celebrate your silhouette at the best...also the shoes are perfect...cheers!
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is so beautiful, and it looks amazing on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a good plaid dress or skirt, but I don't know if I could pull it off, without it looking like I'm "off to school"! Anyway that dress looks amazing on you though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit. I know the feeling of the dress that got away I have a whole pintrest board dedicated to mine! Pretty sure its a maple tree, conker trees (or horse chestnuts!) leaves have rounded edges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear i love this dress! You are a litle doll! Perfect outfit and perfect photos. Kissssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely understand that feeling - I picked up a Hell Bunny dress I'd been hunting down for two years for half the price of what it should have sold for a few months ago and was riding on that high for a looooong time. You and this dress are a match made in heaven, for sure! By the way, check your emails as I sent you one at the weekend that you might be interested to see (it has to do with watermelon print dresses!). Bit worried it's gone into spam! CC x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely dress. It looks perfect on you, I just love plaid! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a splendidly beautiful, truly timeless dress. I love its elegance and sweetness, and how incredibly well matched it is with fall. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful outfit! I adore this dress with those shoes! Looks so perfectly authentic <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect look for the season. The collar is very sweet! And I love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great dress for the cold weather! You look so perfect in plaid! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. i lovveeee this dress! you look so adorable, and you're right about tartan/plaid being a school uniform thing, my school uniform was a dark green and black tartan but there are still definitely ways to wear it that don't look too high-schooly and your dress is one of them. also i'm very curious to hear about where you're moving to!! x

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete

Please no spam/"I'll follow you if you follow me"/"look at my blog" comments.