Social Icons

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Gingham and Freddies of Pinewood

This week I have been stung by nettle many times, eaten buckets of raspberries and found several kilos of mushrooms. I'm sure it's getting repetitive now, hearing about how many things I have found in the forest and eaten...but I swear that it is a totally normal thing here! Mushrooms in Russia come in a wide range of varieties and flavors, and can be fried and served with mash (which is how I like them) or pickled.

Something I always love about being here is that I can actually enjoy spending time outdoors. In Australia I would never just go for a walk in the bush like its no big deal, let alone walk in long grass - or even lie in it for that matter! Basically it's a good day when I have gone for a run in the park and haven't encountered a brown snake on the footpath.

Top - Cotton On
Shoes - Kmart

11 comments:

  1. Super cute and casual look, must be lovely to be able to wander around like that in nature, it's beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never! Please keep sharing and regaling us with everything that you so and see in Russia. These posts and tales warm my heart and fuel my own dream of setting foot in that vast, storied nation one day all the more.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning outfit and photos. I love the hazy and laidback atmosphere! Keep it coming! I would love to visit Russia myself some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your life sounds like something out of a movie at the moment! And the pictures look like stills from a movie too... You and your life are too perfect for me to handle :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last photo! So old Hollywood glamour! It's amazing how you make even jeans look movie-star worth Harlow. Plus, the forest stories never get old. We simply don't have anything like this at all in Australia. ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! Your outfits, pictures, and time in Russia are all so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank god there's no dangerous creatures lurking, it would really ruin the glamour of these piccies my dear! How do you make lying in hay look so good?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It just sounds like such an amazing break to be able to spend time in the Russian countryside walking in the woods and picking food to eat! I'm sure people can do that in Australia too (though like you said it's a bit more dangerous, haha) but I just never do it myself so it sounds so charming and sweet. x

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm enchanted with your forest ponderings. I love your casual, everyday looks and pretty pictures. You seem to be enjoying a marvellous summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this look! You're such a perfect little lady!

    fashionistainthedark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please no spam/"I'll follow you if you follow me"/"look at my blog" comments.