Social Icons

Friday, January 30, 2015

Repro Sportswear!

Top - Freddies of Pinewood
Shorts - Tara Starlet
Shoes - Novo
Sunglasses - Wildfox

Last year I found myself in a rut when it came to exercise. Previously I had religiously gone on 12km walks and occasionally ran, but it got to the point where I couldn't handle how mind numbing it was. I couldn't stand the sight of my spin bike or treadmill and the thought of spending an hour each day on something so tedious. I don't hate exercise, I just hate being bored! However in a desperate attempt to get fitter, with it being the new year and all (what a cliche!) I ended up joining a gym for real this time, and getting a membership at a swimming pool and tennis court.

I've learned now that for me to be able to exercise I really need to mix it up instead of doing the same thing over and over again, and so far it's working! I am really enjoying playing tennis in the mornings and swimming laps at night. The best thing is that all of these facilities are on my university campus so that I can't use the excuse of being too busy with uni and work not to exercise.

Since I am playing tennis a lot I figured I might start posting some of the vintage inspired athletic outfits that I have been wearing lately! Both this top and shorts are by British vintage reproduction brands; Freddies of Pinewood and Tara Starlet. This top is made of the softest material that is extremely comfortable, and the shorts are nice and stretchy and easy to move in  - perfect for running back and forth on the tennis court! However I will note that these are not the shoes that I wear when I play, I brought them with me to change into this morning to do the grocery shopping in afterwards. Normally I wear my not so glamorous, well worn pair of Asics sneakers.

19 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing look, it suits you so well and you seriously have curves in all the right places!

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me squeal with delight - I just love it!! Nice to see some vintage repro working for the activities that we all have to do, it's not just about dresses! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you found a great way to even look glamorous vintage-y on a tennis court. love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this - what a great idea to post a sportswear outfit. You don't see that very often on blogs! Mind you, if I'm anything to go by, that's because some of us - eh-hem - don't do anything that requires sportswear. Anyway, you look amazing. And I love both of those brands and the fact I don't have to pay a fortune on postage when I order from them ;) CC x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like tennis but I m bad in that :). I m going in gym but it is really difficult to find time for that. But this really look like you came from movie I adore how it looked before :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has got to be one of the most darling (and stylish!) tennis outfits I've ever seen. My first thought is how very much I could imagine my maternal grandma sporting it back in her youth. She fell in love with tennis as a child and at the venerable age of 84 and counting, is still playing to this day. It's her favourite sport by far and I think that as long as she can stand up, she will continue to hit the courts at least once in a while.

    Tons of hugs & "love" :)
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute outfit! If I was any good at tennis, this is probably how I'd like to dress for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope I don't sound like a creep or like I'm trying to give some kind of back-handed compliment, but I love seeing another woman with curvier hips and thighs wearing a pair of shorts like that. I've got thicker thighs, and I tend to avoid shorter or tighter shorts because it can make me self-conscious. I think you look amazing, though, head to toe. You're making me want to try something like that out again, and I didn't think anything would inspire me to do that.
    Cheers,
    Jessica, Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outfit. Those shorts are divine <3
    And if you want to workout at home you should check out fitnessblender.com (if you haven't already heard of it). They have tons of different workout videos for FREE. You won't be bored by those two guys - promise.
    Greetings from Germany, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a glamorous outfit to play tennis!!! <3 You are a starlet straight out of an old Hollywood movie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahh, i wish i could play tennis! i even own two pairs of tennis shorts and bought myself some shoes as well, and still haven't gotten myself to a tennis court.. i love this wee outfit of yours, though! would not mind adding the top and shorts to my collection of tennis clothes that doesn't get much wearing, haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You totally look amazing in that outfit! I especially love those shorts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are stunning! Looove your hair and makeup and those fabulous shorts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the great harmony in your look! Clean and very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My goodness, you look so lovely in that outfit! And those shorts!!! I need a pair of those stat! You're making me want to play tennis now, haha!

    Carla, TinyAngryCrafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello,Ciao...very nice photos,You're the most chic tennis player...great look...so breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely perfect! Exactly what comes to mind when one pictures an old fashioned game of tennis!
    And I am the same way with exercise, if I get bored then that's it for me!
    <3 Mariah Alysz
    Rya Pie

    ReplyDelete
  18. i absolutely LOVE that you put in the effort to dress beautifully even while exercising! you are so adorable! and i guess everyone needs to find their own way of exercising that suits them, and turning it into something fun like tennis match certainly would make it more interesting than going for a walk or run on your own for an hour. exercising certainly isn't my favourite thing to do but i think as of a few months ago i've finally found what i'm into which is yoga. and what keeps me interested and going back to it is the spiritual side of it which i've been really interested in since early high school and the fitness/flexibility side of things is more of a byproduct of a practice that i am really enjoying. i've never been one to enjoy doing cardio or strength workouts at the gym and i know that the more i push myself to do that kind of thing to more i'll resent going, and yoga is the only thing that i've done where i actually enjoy it and look forward to it rather than thinking "ugh, i have to go to the gym tonight" :)

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete

Please no spam/"I'll follow you if you follow me"/"look at my blog" comments.